Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Dreamed A Dream



Believe it or not, this design came to me in a dream. I saw it very clearly - the colours, the shape, the rhinestones, and even the length of my nails. I guess I'd been reading too many nail blogs and was thinking about nail polish when I went to sleep.

This picture doesn't do justice to the colours, though. I didn't manage to take one that showed the true colours. And I can't take any more pictures at the moment because most of the rhinestones have fallen off. I got my hands very wet while cleaning cat cages at the SPCA. I'm left with 3 out of 10 rhinestones. Maybe I'll put on more when I'm not stoned on flu medicine, and stick them on more firmly. I just used a measly drop of top coat under the rhinestones to paste them on. I should have totally smothered them in polish.

I tried my best to edit the pictures to make the colours look as accurate as possible. This is as close as I got. The purple and the pink rhinestones are actually just a tiny bit deeper, but the orange on the tips is a LOT more fluorescent. To say it's bright would be a terrible understatement. I love it so much.

It's one of the polishes that cost about $2. People love to buy expensive nail polish brands like OPI and Orly, but in my opinion, they're very overrated. Most of them are very mediocre. I have a lot of very interesting, quality polishes that I bought for less than $3. Maybe I'll show you one day.

I'm holding a nearly empty bottle of vanilla extract because I'd been baking. But I don't have a picture of the delicious, fat, soft, chewy, chocolate chocolate chip cookies I baked because my mother brought them to school and fed them to her students. They're all gone. I've got quite a reputation as an expert baker at my mother's school. Her students and colleagues send me compliments through her. It's nice to know that I make people I don't even know happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment