Sunday, April 24, 2011

Just For Toes Nail Art Contest

Nail Art Express is a blog that chronicles a girl's nail art learning journey. She's learning to be a professional nail technician, and shares every step of her journey with us. Her nail art designs are original and inspired, done with old-school techniques, not using scotch tape or stamping plates like noobs (such as me). Nail Art Express has become one of my favourite nail blogs.

She has organised a nail art contest that I have entered. The theme of the contest is "Take A Walk On The Wild Side." I wanted to make full use of this motivation to create, so I decided to submit two designs. I painted them on fake toenails because I don't have the flexibility to bring my toes close enough to my eyes to be comfortable, and touching other people's feet is disgusting. Plus, I can keep these plastic toenails forever!

So, check it out:

1. Animal Eyes
I love eyes of animals. That includes human eyes, too. They come in so many different colours. In fact, my favourite colour of all time is the bright, sharp, deep yellow of my cat's eyes.




I can't tell you how long it took me to paint this. Really, I can't, because I lost track of time. It took so long to paint every layer carefully with arcrylic paint and nail polish, wait for it to dry, then paint the next layer, applying top coat between each layer to prevent the colours from mixing. I know it's not perfect, but it's good enough for me. I didn't have special nail art brushes, so I used an eyeliner brush which I'd never used, that came in a makeup brush set I bought.

In hindsight, I can think of so many ways to improve this design, but it's too late to change it, now. Maybe I'll do an improved version on my finger nails when I have enough time and inspiration.

On to the next design:

2. Cosmic Toes
Yes, I know you've seen this before. It looked awesome on my fingers, and I thought it would look even better on toenails. I think it does, don't you? 



I love that I was able to put two rhinestones on the big toenail. Two planets. It makes me so happy.

It makes me happy just to have created these designs. I don't even have to win, I have these fake toenails as souvenirs.

Now, I won't ask you to vote for me just because you're my friend or a reader of my blog. Go see all the entries of the nail art contest, and if you think that my designs deserve to win, then vote for them. No matter how much I want to win the prize (loads of free nail stuff), I want to win it fairly. So, vote for whichever designs you like best, be they mine or others'.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment