Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Red Points

Red Points
After I took off the black polish with red glitter, I still felt red. And a bit violent. Thus, the points. Haha.

I used scotch tape to make the points. I didn't aim right and hit the centre of my nails every time, but you get the picture. I love using scotch tape to get straight lines, it's just so easy. I've put a roll of it in my nail supply drawer. Speaking of nail supplies, let's digress for a moment.

I bought nail files online. Very pretty but second-rate nail files. Take a look:


I've got fifty of them! I won't have to buy new nail files for ages and ages. Which is good, because although I love buying nail polish, I hate buying accessories. Files, orange sticks, base coats, top coats. They're just so boring to buy. 

Anyway, back to the interesting part.

Red is one of my most favourite colours. I rarely wear it on my nails, though, because it's quite cliché. But when I do, I like it to be intense. When I use metallic reds, I use a red base colour to boost the redness. 

And even then, the cheap polishes I use may not turn out very red. That's when the expensive, quality top coat I use comes in. Look how much brighter it makes the red polish:




 Amazing, isn't it? It's like they're different colours. I had so much fun watching the colours change. From dull, subdued, pinkish red to bright, intense, orangey red. Yummmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment