Friday, April 29, 2011

Claws of Gold


Fingernails are protective gear, tools and weapons, all in one. I've been using them for decoration for years, so I haven't been using them as tools or weapons, in order to preserve the decoration.

It just occurred to me that it doesn't have to be one or the other. I can decorate my nails and then use them as tools or weapons. That's why I haven't cut them. They're so long now.

Isn't the gold just stunning? Well, in this picture it isn't as impressive as it should be, but imagine it more bright and sparkly. It's tiny gold glitter particles suspended densely in clear nail polish. Two coats makes it totally opaque. It looks like I have claws of gold.

Unlike gold, though, my nails aren't soft. They're hard and strong. Ideal to use as tools or weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment