Monday, April 4, 2011

Ombre

According to Chloe's Nails, painting the nails of one hand different shades of the same colour, from the lightest to the darkest, is called an Ombre manicure. I did some research (i.e. googling) and found out that "ombre" means "shades" in French. As in different shades of a colour.

I liked the idea, even though the nails on Chloe's Nails were done in black, white and gray. I just can't do that. Can't. I can't live in monochrome. I don't even have any gray nail polish.

So I decided to do it in blue and pink. Blue on one hand and pink on the other. Because those colours look good on me and I had enough shades of them. Plus, lately, I had been doing nail art that involved a lot of work and wanted to just slather on some nail polish and be done, for a change. This is how it looks:

Ombre Blue

Ombre Pink

Looks cool, doesn't it? I'm getting bored, though. I might change my nails very soon. Or maybe stamp them or put rhinestones on them or something.

I need more hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment