Thursday, April 14, 2011

School Girl Sassy


School Uniform Blue & White 

Recently, I got back in touch with a friend from secondary school on Facebook. That reminded me of the five long years I spent in a uniform.

You know, I sometimes miss those days, when I had 2 sets of the same outfit to wear to school. Now, there are so many decisions I have to make in the morning. I can't wake up, throw on a uniform, chuck some pens and files in a bag and leave for school (late) any more. I have to decide what to wear.

While I spent most of the five years feeling angry and left out, as stereotypical teenagers do in cliched television shows, there were high points. Like having friends who were just close enough, listening to the radio and goofing off instead of studying during free period, shocking my friends and developing some style by cutting off my hair, eating french fries and Snickers for lunch, eating ice cream and reading in the school library, trying to rebel by wearing a stud in my nose and six studs in my ears, and getting away with it so easily that it wasn't even fun. Going to school ridiculously late and sleeping during class, not doing any homework and playing games on my phone during lessons, and getting away with all of it because I got good grades and spoke well. Damn, those teachers were no match for me.

Also, I found a picture of myself in secondary school. Look!


Adorable, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment